Rare opportunity to own this exceptional farmette with so much privacy, yet so close to town and amenities. Do you love to entertain? Or do you just love privacy? There is nothing comparable to this versatile property in the surrounding area. Prime location less than a mile from the new Bayhealth Hospital. Roughly 20 miles to downtown Lewes and Rehoboth Beach. Own this exquisite 5,000+ square foot home nestled on almost 9 acres with opportunity to purchase additional 28.43 adjoining acres for added This home has been lovingly restored by its current owner. The home was built in 1978, but extensive renovations took place in 2003. Home was completely gutted and rebuilt to include new roof, new dormers that open up 1,200 sq ft of storage space. Use for storage or considering added more bedrooms. Included in the renovation were new hardwood floors, new HVAC, new plumbing, new wells, new gourmet kitchen, central vac, new energy efficient windows, craft room, wet bar with granite countertops. Back of home was extended 12 feet. Class 5 tile throughout. Summer kitchen in the basement offers access to a caterer from the side yard for parties. Pool pump house, concrete apron and fence all rebuilt. Driveways were updated for proper drainage. There are 2 barns on the property. The 48x48 brown barn has stables, running hot/cold water, tack room and bathroom. Wood burning stove for colder weather. Solar on barn roof. You will be pleasantly surprised to see the utility bills. Red barn can be a separate office, or studio, and is visible from Route One. Consider using for a home based business. Running cold/hot water and handicapped bathroom already in place. The home and barns each have their own septic system and there are 3 wells on the property. Whole house generator on site. Chicken coop, greenhouse, hoop barn, small pond, saltwater pool and more. The attention to detail is evident throughout the home and property. Too many details to list here. The family has invested in this property but it's now time to let a new owner take over and live their dream life. Fenced pastures, barns with stables, workshops, storage for equipment, boats, RVs, hay, etc. Additional acreage available for separate purchase.
Single Family, Single Family-Detached
3 Full/1 Half
Hot Water Heater, Electric Water Heater, LP Gas Wa
Gravity Septic System, Other
5,578 sq. ft
Yes - 4 spaces
Yes -2 spaces
LULU M. ROSS
MILFORD CENTRAL ACADEMY
Detailed Room Information
- Family Room, Kitchen, Laundry Room, Sitting Room, Foyer, Breakfast Room, Attic
- Master Bathroom
- Dining Area, Formal
- Eat-In Kitchen, Country Kitchen, Gourmet Kitchen, Island
- Range/Oven Built-in, Refrigerator, Appliance Center, Dishwasher, Disposal, Washer, Dryer, Ice Maker, Water Treatment System
- Hardwood, Tile, Carpet
- Central Air, Electric, Ceiling Fan(s)
- Electric Heating, Oil. Forced Air.
- Full, Walkout, Partial, Full Finished, Heated, Entrance Outside
- Insulated, Screened
- 2. Gas Burning, Wood-burning, Fireplace Screen.
- Entry Level Bedroom.
- Monitor System
- Additional Interior Features
- Attic Storage, Bar, Breakfast Area, Built-Ins, Curved Stair, Wood Floors, Open Floor Plan, Recessed Lights, Walk-in Closets, Sauna
Exterior / Lot Features
- 4 Garage Spaces. 2 Carport Spaces. Street Parking, Driveway.
- Composition Shingle
- Pool Description
- In-ground, Child safety fence, Filtered, Saltwater
- Lot View
- Panoramic, Other, Trees/Woods, Pasture
- Electric, Partial, Vinyl, Wire
- Additional Exterior/Lot Features
- Exterior Lighting, Out Building, Fountain, Front Yard, Landscaped, Not In Development, Back Yard, Side Yard. Front Yard, Landscaping, Private, Rear Yard, Unrestricted, Backs To Trees, Partly Wooded, Sideyard(S).
- Community Amenities
- Horse Trails
Active Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median list price
Days On Market
Properties For Sale
Sold Market Trends
Source: MLS DATA
Median sold price
Median Sq. Ft. Price
Arrows indicate 90 day trend
Source: Bright MLS